TBOS Consulting is a mining operational excellence consulting services provider that specializes in fleet management systems (FMS). We have over 30 years of combined experience in mining operations and technology applications, and we are passionate about helping our customers get the most from their FMS investments.
Our mission is to be your preferred FMS consultants in delivering real ROI. We help mines achieve operational excellence by bridging the gap between FMS deployments and achieving excellence.
We do this by providing a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Effective change management in FMS deployments: We help our customers to implement and use their FMS effectively, and we manage the change management process to ensure a smooth transition.
- Stronger advocates for our customers in managing their FMS projects: We work closely with our customers to understand their needs and goals, and we advocate for them throughout the FMS project lifecycle.
- Conducting due diligence in operational process improvement projects: We help our customers to identify and implement operational process improvements that can lead to significant cost savings and productivity gains.
- Supporting our customers to ensure they have skilled and knowledgeable people using the system: We provide training and support to help our customers get the most out of their FMS system.
- Establishing corporate KPI benchmarking using metrics across the business: We help our customers to track their performance against key performance indicators (KPIs) and identify areas for improvement.
- Setting industry best practices and recommendations: We stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and best practices, and we share this knowledge with our customers.
- Continuous training and coaching to make site champions: We work with our customers to identify and develop site champions who can lead the way in operational excellence.
Example of how TBOS Consulting can help mines improve production and save costs
One way that TBOS Consulting can help mines improve production and save costs is by quantifying the cost of loading unit hang time and focusing on reducing truck spotting time.
Hang time is the amount of time that a loading unit spends waiting for a truck to be spotted in the correct position. Truck spotting time is the amount of time that it takes to position a truck in the correct position for loading.
By reducing truck spotting time, mines can reduce hang time and improve production.
Here is an example of how TBOS Consulting helped a mine to reduce truck spotting time and improve production:
- Shovel can load 10 loads per hour
- Hang time = 18 seconds
- Shovel work hours = 10 hours per shift = 20 hours per day (24 hours)
- Assume a truck size (payload capacity) or 220 tonnes
- Assume shovel load time = 2.5 mins
- Time lost per hour = 18 × 10 = 180 secs = 3 mins
- Time lost per day = 3 x 20 = 60 mins = 1 hour
- Time lost per year = 365 hours
- Loads per day = 60 / 2.5 = 24
- Loads per year = 24 × 365 = 8760
- Production lost = 8760 × 220 = 1,927,200 tonnes
- TBOS Consulting recommended that the mine implement a truck spotting system to improve truck spotting efficiency.
- The mine implemented the truck spotting system, and as a result, truck spotting time was reduced from 3 minutes per load to 1 minute per load.
- This resulted in a significant improvement in production, with the mine producing an additional 1,093,440 tonnes of material per year.
This example demonstrates how TBOS Consulting can help mines to improve production and save costs by quantifying the cost of loading unit hang time and focusing on reducing truck spotting time.
If you are a mining company that is looking to improve your operational performance, TBOS Consulting can help. We have the experience, expertise, and resources to help you get the most out of your FMS investment and achieve operational excellence.
TBOS Consulting was formed to provide mining operational excellence services in fleet management systems applications to bridge the gap between FMS deployments and achieving excellence.